Thursday, May 28, 2009


What is ATAXIA (u-tax-ee-uh)? It is a condition that can make you incredibly clumsy and gives you very limited control in you limbs. It can be frustrating to deal with at times, but all in all it is not bad. Do I wish I could just walk like most everyone else-SURE. It would be great to have steady hands or legs, but I don't. I do pretty good at taking it in stride and I deal with it. What else can you do? I am not about to let it control me!! Riding my scooter has been a challenge. Not the driving of it, but letting go of my pride enough to actually get on it. My husband Chris is absolutely WONDERFUL. He encourages me and helps me so much. I don't even think I could ever express enough how GREAT he is. I have had a lot of help from my family and their support gives me the "whatever" attitude. So thanks to all my family and friends for the help and support.

Because I stay at home, I get pretty bored--

Well I have the "Reader" in my blog name for a few reasons. I have started reading a lot recently. It allows me to experience different adventures without physical limitations. I am currently reading book #2 of the Septimus Heap Series. The are 4 books as of right now, but #5 is due later in the year. I am just starting to enjoy this series. Magyk(book #1) was very slow starting. Eventually the action starts(towards the end) and now Flyte(book #2) definitely has enough action to keep the excitement going for a few chapters at a time.

I get to spend time with both of my brothers at the beginning of the week. It is such a joy to spend a few hours with them. I learn so much from each of them and appreciate all they do for me. Words can not even begin to describe either one of my parents.

I watch a lot of movies-well, I watch different movies, but repeatedly. I am a big Disney movie freak. I mean Disney Animated Movies. (I have watched Winnie-the-Pooh so much that I have acquired the nickname of Pooh) A Disney Animated film is ALL Disney-Pixar does not count so even though I watch Cars, etc.-They are NOT disney. Anywho- Between me and my brother Chad the movie The Princess Bride can be quoted all the way through.

No comments: