Tuesday, October 6, 2009

to slide or not to slide

This is the sliding glass door that leads to our backyard. There would be a lot to enjoy if I could at least get outside. My walker needs a 25" clearance in any doorway, but my sliding glass door only has a 22" clearance...what to do???
After contemplating possible solutions my wonderful husband decided for the following modification....


This door happens to be 36". Enough clearance for my walker-woo hoo!!!
Now I can enjoy the beautiful backyard and the great weather. My husband was able to trade out sliding door for regular door in just 1 day.
I am so glad he came up with this. He even took care of the curtain. After talking with his mom about not be able to find a suitable curtain(Finding something we agree on is almost impossible), she made one for us. It fits just perfect and looks great. THANKS.





1 comment:

Lene said...

There is something to be said for a handy husband.