Sunday, January 31, 2010

The kidney and the stone.........

It all began wed. morning. I was going to have a great day!! Well, the neighbor's annoying dog won't quit barking, so I guess the day will start earlier than planned. After my shower my tummy is hurting a little bit-no prob. i'll massage it. That kinda hurts a little, but the pain will probably realx if i keep going...WHATTHE. Did i rupture a bowel?(my family thinks i need a colonoscopy,but its too late now) i slowlt make my way to the couch and then proceed to think that the pain will go away shortly. No such luck. i have spent oodles of time racking my brain on how i might get this incredible pain to stop. its so bad i stay on the couch laying on my back. i finally call my husband and when he gets home we decide on how to proceed...Call the paramedics-I THINK NOT. give me a ride to the ER-I'M NOT SITTIN UP!! This is not the day David will conquer Goalith. ok, call the paramedics because this pain is ridonkulus. i'm in the ER now so everything should get better....NOT! isn't morphine supposed to be a pain killer. you knoe kill the pain? get chad here!!!!!!!!!!! i need lightness and humor. my brother gets to the hospital after work and even with imense pain, his jokes are a welcome distaction. the nurse hands me 2 not 1 but 2 cups of orange syrup. DRINK both you have 1 hour. Are you smoking? i don't think i'll get 1 down let alone 2. x-rays are x-rays. the only problem there is even laying in my bed, i still felt like i was going to fall. i was totally prepared to fall off the bed!! It might hurt, but i'm already hurting-so its all good. i'm back to my curtain now and trying to tackle my hi-c fruit punch with way too much syrup and not enough water. Pretty proud-i drank 1/4 of the first cup full. YES!! doin good. then the nurse proceeds to tell me that i have 20 min to finish the remaining 7/4 or i will be the lucky winner of a nose tube. GIVE ME THE DRINK. i never knew that could have so much impact on me. i was able to drink both cups and so i was ready for a CT scan. i get to the machine and find out that i am getting injected with iodine. You will tingle all over and feel like you are having bladder issues the nurse says calmly. Shouldn't we calm the patient?? i am finally wheeled back to my husband and brother. Remove mouth and insert firehose--use your imagination for this part. more morphine-it didn't even work the first time. i now think the pain is getting worse. will it ever quit?!? enter doc- you have a kidney stone!!
i'm too young for this-according to my brother i'm officially old. i ride home with chad because his jeep is NOT Goalith.

FYI- the pain is equivalent to labor pains. Hence a new found respect for my mother!!

4 comments:

Julia said...

Bless yer heart.... Never had one but hear they are very painful. Hope yer feeling better soon sweetie.

Janiece said...

Bummer...
I am so sorry!
How long until they say it should pass?
Drink real lemon juice...not really...it helps break down the calcium...not really...thnk about my teeth...it will work

Janiece said...

Hope you are feeling much better.
I ran across this blog and thought you might like it.
Love ya
Aunt Niece

http://inkingidaho.blogspot.com/

KJ said...

I just came across your blog and I know this post was a while ago but I hope you are feeling better now! Can't wait to read more of your posts.